As a graduate at Equinor, you’ll be joining 21,000 colleagues delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. By 2050, weaim to become a net-zero company and deliver theenergytheworldneedswithoutcontributing to global warming. It’s oneofthedefiningchallengesofour time and attracting and developingthebrightestmindswill be critical to oursuccess.
The programme lasts for 2-years and includesrotationsof 3-12monthsacrossfunctions, business areas or locations.
Working in Civil Engineering in Equinor means joining a dynamic team and making a significant impact on the design, construction, and maintenance of our onshore facilities.
As the demand for onshore projects grows, we seek to expand our capabilities in site selection, geotechnics, infrastructure development, and other areas. As a Civil Engineer, your responsibilities will encompass the entire project lifecycle, from feasibility studies to engineering and construction.
You’ll get to play a crucial role in designing and constructing onshore facilities that support various projects such as electrification,Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS), hydrogen production, wind and solar initiatives – and more.
Your tasks working in Civil Engineering may be:
- Analysing potential project sites to determine their suitability for onshore facilities, considering factors such as soil composition, topography, and environmental impact.
- Conducting thorough geotechnical investigations to assess soil stability and provide valuable insights for foundation design and construction.
- Collaborating with experienced engineers and professionals to design innovative infrastructure solutions, including road networks, drainage systems, and utility networks.
- Assisting in excavation and construction activities, ensuring compliance with safety standards and engineering specifications.
- Contributing to our ongoing projects in electrification, carbon capture and storage (CCS), hydrogen production, wind and solar energy, and other exciting onshore facilities.
- Taking part in the design and construction of buildings and structures, considering load-bearing capacity and durability requirements.
- Contributing to the development of near-shore facilities, including landfall creation and marine infrastructure planning.
We are looking for graduates who possess problem-solving skills, a flexible mindset, and a collaborative spirit. Your ability to work effectively in a team, take initiative, and adapt to changing circumstances will be highly valued.
A strong academic background in Civil Engineering, a passion for sustainable energy solutions, and a commitment to prioritizing safety in your work are qualities we seek in potential graduates.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for:
- Master’s degree or PhD with good academic record within civil engineering.
- Completed degree by the year of starting (2024).
- Fluent in English.
- No more than two years of relevant fulltime work experience.
- Formal experience is not a requirement.
- Extracurricular activities and/or voluntary work is an advantage.
Your personal qualities:
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations.
- High ethical standards.
- Good communication skills.
- Global mindset.
- Team player with the ability to work and deliver results in a diverse environment.
- Have a positive attitude to take on new challenges and adapt to dynamic environments.
Equinor is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all candidates who meet the educational and experience requirements, including candidates with disabilities. If you have any specific requirements for any stage in our process, then please make this clear in your application and our team will be happy to support you.
Please make sure that when applying, you attach the following:
- CV/ resume in English.
- Transcripts of records (or other documents describing subjects and grades) in English or Scandinavian language obtained to this point during your studies. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript.
Applications submitted without these attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated.
To ensure an efficient recruitment process, please be informed that you may apply for a maximum of 3 Graduate roles per country.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.